Monday, June 7, 2010

The Victorious

Here I am! Post number 6. And to be honest...I never thought I'd get past number 2. This one’s a little different…so here I go….



A subtle breeze carries the musty smell of fear across your armored face. The soft light of a crescent moon glazes the ground, forming a sea of shadows. Like thousands of unforgiving orange eyes, torches dot the hillside, held in the hands of your enemy. An enemy so ruthless, so savage......so macabre.
  With a deafening roar, they feast on the silence and torment your mind. They begin to taunt you with ghastly words of despair, crushing your sanity. You stand desolate before them, as you desperately attempt to stay strong. But a hole as black as ebony slowly begins to devour you. You slowly fall to the contoured ground, and your brittle heart begins to ache to deep for words to describe. Your enemy is advancing. Surrounding. Enclosing.
  Your heart is beating its last beat, your mind is disintegrating and your conscience begins to fade....
 At that single moment before you're gone, you hear a noise that doesn't belong. A sound that brings an echo of hope. A sound that fills your very spirit with light. A sound that you have been waiting for.....they're here.
  Your heart beats with exhilaration and your body awakens. Your bones come alive and you stand tall once again. Peace fills your lungs as you breathe in the silence that fills the air. The dust is settling. The night sky is revealed. And the radiance in your eyes is restored by a brilliant light cast by the moon.
  The army behind you stands firm. Thousands of hearts, burning in unison with yours, await your command. No matter what awaits you, they will form a shield. Together you are strong. Together you are courageous. Together you are victorious.


Sunday I was called out to the garage as I was doing biology homework. Some friends of my parents had randomly stopped by our house to pray with us. This was so unexpected since we hadn't invited them over, and we hadn't asked for prayer. They stood with my dad, my sister and I in a circle, all holding hands and shoulders as they began to pray for us.
  In that very moment I felt an overwhelming, indescribable, wave of emotion. God had laid it on their heart to come here and they began to pray for exactly what was needed. The trials we as a family have been facing were being overcome by a power above all powers. As a unit we stood there, God in the midst, battling against an enemy we couldn't physically see. I felt a sense of peace and reassurance. I felt like no matter what we were going to be faced with, we were going to stand strong and stand tall.
  I know I am not alone. I know that I have God above all else, but there are people that surround me with strength. There are people in my life that, when I am going through hard times, they will hold my hand and encourage me. And as we pray together, I know that I am a child of the King, and I am victorious.


Psalm 18:32-40 " It is God who arms with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn. I pursued my enemies and overtook them; I did not turn back till they were destroyed. I crushed them so that they could not rise; they fell beneath my feet. You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet."

No comments:

Post a Comment