Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 8: Embrace.

Hey there everyone!

I must share something quite exciting. Are you ready? Well, you see, I discovered how to view how many people visit my blog per day, per week, and so on. Here is my great news: I'm one away from 300 views! Most of them come from the US, but it was exciting to see that there are groups of people from places like Russia, Australia, and Indonesia reading my blog. So thank you to everyone around the world sharing in my little blogging world!
Haha, wow, I kinda feel like I need to write something amazing! Nah, I'm just going to write like I always do (:

So, now that I am starting a new week, I thought that I would just continue to be faithful to the Idea Generator. ( I love you button!) So, it seems like this would be the appropriate time to push that wonderful button....

Something comfortable is...

Hugs. Oh, how I love hugs! Mmm, the warm embrace of a wonderful friend, a cheery family member, or someone you haven't had the delight of seeing in too long. I actually prefer the word embrace over hug. When my mom embraces me, it may be a few seconds of my day, but in that moment I feel so loved. There is something so powerful in a simple hug. Without words, you can show someone you care about them by wrapping your arms around them briefly and then sealing it all with a smile. Its comfortable to be welcomed with a hug when you see someone you care about. There have actually been a few times in my lie that I have met someone for the first time, and they quickly gave me a little hug. That to me says ' I'm so happy to meet you that I don't want to just shake your hand like a stiff mannequin!'.
  Don't get me wrong though. I don't just go around hugging strangers and embracing old people in the streets. No, no, that is not something I personally enjoy doing. If you are that way, then God bless you dear. Really though, I truly find comfort in more than smiles and words. Do you remember when you were little? If you had the wonderful chance to have a dad or mom in your childhood, and I hope you did, do you remember bear hugs? I loved when my sister and I would be building barbie cities on our bedroom floor and we would hear the door open. That usually meant that daddy was home! We would drop whatever we were doing. Poor barbie would have to go half dressed till we got back. We would run as fast as our wee little legs would carry us and we would leap up into my dads arms and receive our awaited bear hug! We would warmly be embraced by our daddy.
  This reminds me of the sweet, beautiful embrace I have experienced from my Father. The nights when I was all alone, and regrets, mistakes, pain, confusion and heart ache would overwhelm me past the point of words to pray, I would just weep. And in those very hard moments in my life, I remember the embrace of my true Daddy. I knew I was going to be alright, because in that moment all that mattered was that I had a Dad who was watching over me and warmly holding me in His arms. What could be more comfortable than a warm embrace?

His left hand is under my head, and his right hand embraces me."

Song of Solomon 2:6 KJV

    Now Israel's eyes were failing because of old age, and he could hardly see. So Joseph brought his sons close to him, and his father kissed them and embraced them."

Genesis 48:10 NIV

        Then he threw his arms around his brother Benjamin and wept, and Benjamin embraced  him, weeping." 
Genesis 45:14 NIV

Today, I challenge you to embrace someone. Maybe you aren't used to this, or perhaps you don't exactly like hugging and whatnot? Well, I think you should just try it. Go find someone you love, and while you embrace them, be thankful for them. Be thankful that they are in your life. Take in the warmth and let it remind you just how much you care for them. And do it more often. Like I said, there isn't anything quite like a hug to say 'Hey, I really care about you and I'm so happy to know you'. And if for some reason you can't do that at this very moment- Don't forget! You should really do it. I think we could all use a hug now and then from each other. Even more, I strongly believe we all need to take time to be hugged by our Father. Remember His love for you.

                      Let's be embraced.


1 comment:

  1. Nice to visit your blog, Taylor! (followed you "home" from Twitter). I like the blog design too. :) Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete