Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 1: Butter.

Well hello there! How have you all been? All 8 of you so far (:


Oh my, here I am again getting ready to apologize for not posting anything in so long. But guess what? I am not going to apologize! In fact, I'm just going to say this:

" I'm back! And I'm going to write a new post, because I want to."

The the other day Christina and I decided that we would owe each other 25 cents every time we said sorry. You see, we say this word quite a lot. Not because we necessarily do something wrong, but just because we, ( i guess Ill speak for myself) just because I don't want to seem rude. If I am in your way, i naturally say " Oh! Sorry!" or if I accidentally say something right after you say that exact thing. I don't really know how I started this, but I'm actually over whelming myself when i think of how many times I say " sorry" in the time span of one single day. Soooooo, my personal goal is to reduce my usage of the word.
Ha, watch, I'll accidental push some small child over and I won't say sorry. Just kidding.

So, i have another goal - is it okay that I'm kinda rambling? Anyways, my goal is to post something on my blog every day for a week. Yes, I'm starting out small with one week. So i looked up some stuff on google for blog ideas and i came across this really cool thing that has drastically changed my life! ( not really, but that would be cool.) Its a button that you push and it gives you a random creative idea. So I decided that I will start today, and with an act of true bravery, do whatever it tells me to do. No matter how stupid it may sound, or how hard it may be. So lets begin!

Oh my! I'm going to push the button!!!!

Close your eyes and write about what immediately pops into your head.

I see butter. A simple white dish with about 3/4 of a stick of softened butter lounging peacefully in a naturally lit kitchen. It looks smooth. Although, there is that little section that has some crumbs embedded into the gush ... the evidence that someone must have buttered some toast for breakfast. Or maybe they had an english muffin? What a mystery.
   I have to say though, I like butter. I like to have a lot of butter on my toast. Or english muffin. Mmm, a slightly toasted english muffin with a good amount of soft butter slathered on all pretty and creamy.

I'm hungry.

How fun! I actually liked that one. I know, I know, this post is pretty much pointless and you may find it quite dumb. But ever since I was in probably 1st grade, my teachers would give us 3 minutes to write about a random topic. And then they would choose people to read them aloud to the class. It was normally my favorite part of the school day. Well, not counting lunch of course. But I find something exhilarating about clicking the switch on your brain to explore your imagination and then put it into words. And what's pretty cool about writing out a bit of your imagination is: it can spur the listener/readers imagination too. So really, something silly like butter in my mind could form a long chain, an endless choo choo train of ideas and imagination through many different people's heads.

So. My challenge to you today is: write about the first thing that pops into your mind when you see the word "butter". Get out a scrap piece of paper, open your lap top, go grab that dry erase marker and write on the window for crying out loud! Just get it out of your head, and then read it to someone. Or maybe just read it to yourself. See what happens! And then, I think what would make a great finishing touch would be.... go eat a piece of toast, and go ahead, get a little greedy with the butter.




                                                                 Delish.     

No comments:

Post a Comment