Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 2: Purpose.

Tada!

I made it to my official second day of my challenge. Thankyou, thankyou! And no, you can't have an autograph. ( I'm not sorry)
Well, I say we just take a grand leap into this today! I'm gunna push the button now........

What remains constant in your life?

Purpose. From the moment I breathed my first fresh breath, the very first time I soaked in the light of the day, I have always had purpose.
  Yea, to be honest there were times- many times- when I didn't see the value and purpose my life consisted of. There are things that we go through that are blinding, hindering us from seeing who we are, and who we are meant to be. When our hearts are damaged, we tend to focus on the pain. A lot of times we feel so victimized, or even worse, we can feel like we are the one who caused unrepairable damage. And these kinds of things effect the way we see ourselves. But no matter how hard your life may be, how worthless and hopeless you feel, God has always and will always have a purpose for your life. If you have no purpose, then why are you still here? Amazingly, even when we don't see the purpose God has for us, we are actually fulfilling that purpose by just being who we are. And even more amazing, just when you think you've figured out everything God has for you, you discover just how much more He has created you for.
  From the moment you were born, till the day you die, the purpose in your life remains constant.

Ah-ha! Taylor has another challenge for whoever you may be. All I ask of you is to look around inside your life. Go ahead! On your eyes. Look back at the things you've accomplished, big or small. Look at the impact you may have made on someone. Look at your relationship with God... your creator, if you even have a relationship with Him, and begin to see purpose. You may be 10 years old, and the only thing you feel like you've accomplished is the habit of brushing your teeth in the morning. Good for you! It's a good habit to get into. Perhaps you're a single mom.... but that's just it, you are a mom. You've already been entrusted with an amazing purpose to raise a human life. You may be thinking " Yea, right, there is no purpose for my life, and if there is, it's been sucked away by the vacuum of life." But I have news for you....
 Whoever you are, where ever you are, and no matter how many times you've brushed your teeth today, you have a purpose. Whether you can see it or not.



                                                                          Purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment